Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different

OK, it's not a flying circus, but it is a sideshow.


Lately, I've been working on improving my illustration skills by making ATCs or Artist Trading Cards. It's fun to make little art and trade it with other folks, and themed swaps make me stretch myself to see what I can come up with to fit. But what, you may ask, does any of this have to do with bones? Well, I haven't posted here recently (though I'm going to aim for at least one post a week from here on), as I've been busy with art and writing and various other things. But this past week I had a chance to draw some bones for an ATC swap.


So, without further ado, may I present A Scientific Study of Sideshow Freaks through their Skeletal Anatomy (which is, of course, not scientific at all--though it would be fun to re-do them as Victorian-esque scientific drawings, come to think of it).


Exhibit 1: The Rat-Tailed Boy


The Rat-Tailed Boy


Exhibit 2: The Two-Headed Man


The Two-Headed Man


Exhibit 3: The Three-Legged Woman


The Three-Legged Woman


Exhibit 4: The "Mermaid"


The Mermaid


Next post, I promise to get back to the more serious business of bone study.

No comments:

Post a Comment