Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bone Art: Takayuki Hori

Here's something absolutely breathtaking: "Oritsunagumono" by artist Takayuki Hori.


Each piece was printed on translucent paper and then folded using traditional origami patterns. Some of them have coloured images of trash superimposed on them, as a comment on "the animal's plight to survive in an increasingly polluted and hazardous ecosystem."

The pieces are displayed on a lightbox, with an unfolded version of the image in a frame on the wall behind. See more photographs on designboom. Really, go and look, this work is just amazing.

Some of you may know that I'm also a letterpress printer, and I'm just dying to borrow this idea and letterpress print skeletons on origami paper. I don't know if I will, though, except maybe to make a few for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment